StraitNZ is committed to protecting the confidentiality of the information we collect and hold.
In this policy:
- “we” “our” or “us” means StraitNZ Limited.
- “you” means you, the person using our services, or visiting our website.
- “services” means all goods or services we provide and anything else we do for you, including providing you with access to our website.
The policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or to people that we do not employ or manage. Our website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We do not accept responsibility and/or liability for any information that you divulge to these websites and you use such websites at your own risk
This policy is made in accordance with requirements of New Zealand’s Privacy legislation and its 12 Principles.
Use and Collection of Personal Information
- The collection and use of personal information is limited to what is necessary to administer our business, provide customers with the service offered, and offer opportunities we think will be of value to customers.
- If you provide information to us about another person (such as a spouse, relative or travelling companion) then you are responsible for making that individual aware that you have disclosed their personal information to use and that we can use their information as set out in this policy.
- We may, on occasions, collect personal information from visitors to our site on a voluntary basis. Such personal information may include but is not limited to: name, title, company, address, phone number, email address. This individual information is used to process transactions initiated by our customers, or for marketing our products, events and/or services, or market research by a third party. We do not sell or rent personal information to other organisations.
- After your journey we may use the personal information you have provided to contact you to get your feedback on what we can do better.
When personal information is provided to us, it is held on a secure server with restricted access. We reserve the right to use third parties, who are bound by strict confidentiality guidelines, to perform storage and processing functions on this server. Only designated employees, or third parties, who need to carry out legitimate business functions are permitted to view your personal data. Employees or agents who violate our privacy policies are subject to disciplinary actions, up to and including termination.
- We may from time to time disclose your information to trusted third parties for the purpose of improving our services, undertaking marketing or promotional activities, or administering any loyalty programme you may be part of.
- Other than as detailed above, we will not disclose personal information to third parties, unless release is authorised by the individual concerned, required by law, or is pertinent to judicial or government investigations or proceedings.
- All intellectual property rights published on the website is owned or controlled by us or we have been licensed to us it.
- Nothing on our website should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any trade mark displayed without our express written permission.
- We are not liable for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the information appearing on the website. All information on our website is provided “as is”. In particular we make no warranties about the fitness of our services for any particular purpose.
- We are not liable for any direct or indirect damages, losses, costs or expenses of any kind which arise out of, or result from, any use of, or inability to use, the website.
- Access to the website may be interrupted, delayed, disrupted or restricted from time to time and we will not be liable for any loss should the website become unavailable or your access to the website(s) is interrupted or disrupted for any reason.
If you have any questions about the privacy of your personal information, would like to access, correct, update or remove your personal information or if you have a complaint about a breach of your privacy please contact us, either by email or by writing to us at PO Box 1144, Wellington 6011